Thursday, May 6, 2010

Okay, so, a month or so into this blog thing and I still haven't committed. I've only shown it to one person (my sister is waiting to be the second) and not even my husband knew i was "blogging." Because I'm not. It feels more like a journal I keep for myself, on the computer. I am searching for a name and a "theme" or at least some context. I am jealous that my sister (the one who is lucky enough to be living in Paris at the moment) found such a cool arc for her own blog Blue Paris--but maybe it's easier when you're an expatriate--the themes reveal themselves a bit more. For me, I am torn between writing about motherhood, my weird job in Silicon Valley, my desire to expose my child to nature--which would fall under motherhood I guess, the complex journey of moving my father into assisted living, or just other random things that come into my brain. I am equally envious of Rachel (New York Lost and Found) and her gorgeously textured images and always fascinating themes (to me at least, but I've known her for 15 years). Still, she's found a home for herself, or at least a voice. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment