Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday afternoon, ready to end the work week. Had lunch a good friend whose going through a difficult divorce and saw local celebrity Benjamin Bratt at the cafe--kind of a fun distraction. It's amazing how my friend who is going through this awful situation still ends up consoling me about whatever I have going on--bless her. Glad I can still make time for lunchdates now and then, so vital to connect with people face to face when so much of life is lived online. Then I dashed to my dentist to have some work done on an old filling. Now, I've always prided myself on being a trooper at the dentist--it's never really bothered me, but today, they had to keep giving me more oral painkiller and I was getting quite agitated in the chair, thinking about those days when there was no anaesthesia, oh brother, calming myself, doing a bit of hypnotherapy visualization. Lately life has been full of this sort of thing--getting routine annoying medical stuff done, and makes me thankful that I'm in good health overall.

Here's to a hopefully good weekend. We have a babysitter for five hours tomorrow--maybe we'll see a movie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment