Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday and an iced latte at Martha's, my local coffeehouse. I'm almost done working and will go get Alice in a little bit. Missing my sister in Paris today after a particularly poignant email from her about the complexities of living in a foreign city. She was supposed to meet a new friend and his fiancee for a drink tonight but got lost in the Marais, and ended up missing the rendezvous, and walked home alone, feeling a little defeated. Having lived there a short time myself, nearly 10 years ago, I remember that feeling exactly. Language barriers, maps of streets with names like Rue de Antoine and Rue Faubourg de Antoine...(I'm probably spelling them wrong) . She also is a bit isolated and worried about our dad--so I guess life really does follow you wherever you are. Still, she is having spring in Paris...so it is all worth it.

My spring is glorious today, also--San Francisco is in full flower though more rain is on the way this weekend I hear. Tomorrow we are touring an assisted living place to see if my dad could live there. Not looking forward to it--so many other things to do on a Saturday, but I need to make some decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment