Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Working from home today on this gray day with little bits of sun. Reminds me of my old freelance life a bit--the way you can intersperse work with personal business, all while watching reruns of Sex in the City. Spent a half hour on the phone with the IRS--a call I dreaded making and am so relieved I did. Thank goodness for installment plans. Oh, and while i was looking for those tax files, found my new driver's license that I thought I'd lost already (after going to the DMV twice to get it in the first place). The quest to get organized goes on.

This week marks the 10th anniversary of meeting my husband, Bill. Time is a funny thing--we are so caught up in the sweep of life (and quotidian details)--childcare, work, aging parents, money, that we forget to just be a couple. I hope this weekend we can channel some of that early, giddy energy we felt 10 years ago after meeting at a bar in the Mission, shyly exchanging numbers and emails, then slowly beginning to date. Here's to a decade together--all that's happened and all that's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment